Every time an on-demand worker finds a new opportunity, reviews their
background report, or decides where to work this week, we want them using our product. We want to take
all the complexity of finding a gig, going through the on boarding, and getting paid to fade into the
background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible.
At Turn, opportunities to shine happen daily. We value what makes you different and encourage you to act on your ideas -- no matter how grand the vision. You bring skills and a customer-first mentality and we'll bring the tools and environment you need to do the best work of your life. There's still much more to do!
Turn creates a centralized, AI-powered platform to help on-demand companies source, screen, and profile contingent workers and provides incentives and benefits to reward engagement and retention metrics across the ecosystem.
Turn’s workforce-as-a-service platform drives marketplace efficiency for one of the largest labor pools in the world.
The Account Executive position at Turn is a true startup sales role. As the organization’s first, formal sales opening, this person is expected to help scale Turn’s worker screening platform to new partners across 20+ on-demand labor verticals. In true sales fashion, this is a full-cycle, SaaS sales opportunity responsible for lead generation and prospecting, 1-on-1 and group product demonstrations, facilitating prospect testing, and closing. The ideal candidate excels in a fast-paced environment and can help evolve a basic sales framework by providing new insights into conversion tactics.
• Full-cycle sales
• Field inbound interest
• Supplement existing labor verticals
• Identify and unlock new labor verticals
• CRM & Pipeline Management
• Weekly KPIs
• Revenue and worker count quotas
• Identify & attend industry trade shows and business conferences
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 2 years, individual quota-carrying sales experience
• Proven track record of exceeding quota
• SaaS / Enterprise sales experience
• Software product demonstrations
• Digital Selling (Linked In, email, social, etc.)
• Cold Calling
• Startup experience
• Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision
• Stock options
• Competitive vacation policy
• Travel budget to attend conferences and trade shows
• Opportunity to grow into sales leadership
We’re looking for an individual with insatiable curiosity. You love learning, and are always eager to
apply what you’ve learned to your work. You’re an expert in object oriented development and ideally
have familiarity with Python and at least one other OO language. We are an entrepreneurial environment
and previous startup experience is a huge plus.
Working at Turn will bring you the excitement and influence only a early stage startup can, with the
added benefit of stable outside funding and a leadership team with a track record of success.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you’ll be an unrelenting individual willing to brave the storm of
learning. We’ve spent the last year building our MVP and are now live in production. But our work is
far from done! Your expertise and input is key to continuing to harden and improve the Turn platform.
There are ample opportunities for both green field development and from improving our existing
codebase. Ideally you relish the opportunity to do both. This position will report to the VP of
Engineering and will be responsible for ensuring the reliability and stability of the
• Collaborate with Head of Engineering on technical standards and practices.
• Develop features iteratively using the Agile SCRUM methodology.
• Work together with product, design, and business to define the roadmap
• Guide the integration of several third party of APIs — Turn is the glue that will stitch the offerings of many companies together, thus successful and highly performant integrations are critical. Redundancy is key.
• Add and maintain features in our backend systems, and back office suite
• Work in small teams to design, prototype, and build our product offering and tools
• Create robust automated unit/functional tests
• Develop backend applications for large scale services and APIs
• Handle and resolve issues escalated from the production support team
• Troubleshoot performance, reliability, and scalability issues
• Collaborate directly with engineers and stakeholders inside and outside of Turn
• Build and take operational responsibility for web services that will serve our users
• Take an active role in growing the engineering team
• Be part of a growing distributed organization that spans the US and Mexico
• Real-world experience building very large scale, highly available applications
• Proven experience developing web services/APIs to be consumed by third parties
• A track-record of building large scale distributed real-time systems
• Solid relational DBMS skills using MySQL, PostgreSQL or other DBMS products
• Experience with NoSQL platforms such as Redis, Cassandra or Mongo
• Comfort with test-driven development (TDD or BDD)
• Strong quality focus and bias towards code testability; knowledge of unit-testing frameworks, coverage and code analysis tools
• Experience with Amazon Web Services, with knowledge of Autoscaling, ELB, ElastiCache, SQS, SNS, RDS,
• Familiarity with other Platform as a Service offerings (Heroku, Engine Yard etc)
• DevOps skills
• Search & recommendation experience also preferred (especially ElasticSearch)
• Security best practices and application hardening
• Data analysis/big data experience
As our first Quality Assurance hire, you’ll be the individual primarily responsible for software quality at Turn. You have a careful attention to detail and love breaking things. When you use a new web or mobile app, invariably you find all the ways that it doesn’t work or could work better.
• Acts as Turn’s champion of software quality
• You will be responsible for quality across all components of the Turn Platform:
· REST API
· Web dashboards built in React
· Mobile App built using React Native
• Participates in the design, development, and implementation of software quality standards and procedures to maintain high levels of software quality and product reliability
• Develop test plans, scripts, and other documentation for various functional and non-functional testing activities
• Executes manual, automated, and/or scenario-based testing on multiple platforms.
• Records testing defects and monitors defect resolution
• Works closely with the development team to diagnose issues, resolve defects, and ensure that product features meet acceptance criteria per the user stories
• Be proactive on following through testing progress to ensure minimum technical debt
• Work with our team to develop and deploy features that are impactful, performant and well tested
• Handle and resolve issues escalated from the production environment
• Recommend best-in-class testing solutions across the environment
• Help build the kind of work culture that will make Turn the place you and your friends will want to work for
• Share, mentor and foster an environment where you and others can grow and share technical knowledge
• Be part of a growing distributed organization that spans the US and Mexico
• A Bachelor's Degree in science, technology, engineering, or a equivalent work experience is
• Minimum 3 years of working experience with knowledge of established QA practices using SCRUM Agile methodology.
• Strong attention to detail, excellent verbal, written, and analytical skills.
• Ability to multitask and manage several projects at any given time.
• Ability to collaborate, act as a team player, communicate across various layers of the organization, and work in cross-functional distributed teams.
• Self-motivated and the ability to work effectively with limited guidance when necessary.
• We are looking for candidates with expertise with a minimum of two of the following skillsets: SQL, Python 3/Pytest,/ReactJS/Chai/Enzyme, Selenium Webdriver
• Proficiency with at least one object oriented programming language
• Experience with Git and Github in a collaborative environment
• Experience with MVC architectures is a plus
• Competitive Salary
• Casual dress
Turn consists of a small and experienced team of entrepreneurs that are focused on driving unprecedented value in the contingent workforce industry. Members of the Turn team are granted significant autonomy in their domain expertise while working closely together to drive growth under a unified strategy.
Turn is seeking an ambitious and diligent staff accountant to perform monthly close activities, financial statement compilation, and ongoing A/P and A/R functions. This role will primarily interface with the Director of Finance and the CEO to ensure accurate and timely reporting, cash receipts, and cash disbursements. Core to the role is strong accounting fundamentals, organization, and communication skills.
• Month-end closing activities
• Cash reconciliations
• Credit card reconciliations
• COGS calculations
• Month-end accruals
• Compile month-end financial statements
• Perform monthly invoicing procedures
• Perform back office processes for new partner set-up
• Manage collections against short DSO
• Reconcile all vendor invoices for accuracy
• Properly record and classify all bills across GL accounts
• Resolve partner invoicing and vendor billing disputes
• Perform ongoing working capital analysis
• Proven working experience as accounts payable/receivable clerk
• Sound understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting principles
• Knowledge of financial statements and experience with compilation
• Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
• Tracking Budget expenses, attention to detail, thoroughness, organization Analyzing information
• Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and Quickbooks
• Proficiency in English and in MS Office
• Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail