Every time an on-demand worker finds a new opportunity, reviews their
background report, or decides where to work this week, we want them using our product. We want to take
all the complexity of finding a gig, going through the on boarding, and getting paid to fade into the
background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible.
At Turn, opportunities to shine happen daily. We value what makes you different and encourage you to act on your ideas -- no matter how grand the vision. You bring skills and a customer-first mentality and we'll bring the tools and environment you need to do the best work of your life. There's still much more to do!
As our first Quality Assurance hire, you’ll be the individual primarily responsible for software quality at Turn. You have a careful attention to detail and love breaking things. When you use a new web or mobile app, invariably you find all the ways that it doesn’t work or could work better.
• Acts as Turn’s champion of software quality
• You will be responsible for quality across all components of the Turn Platform:
· REST API
· Web dashboards built in React
· Mobile App built using React Native
• Participates in the design, development, and implementation of software quality standards and procedures to maintain high levels of software quality and product reliability
• Develop test plans, scripts, and other documentation for various functional and non-functional testing activities
• Executes manual, automated, and/or scenario-based testing on multiple platforms.
• Records testing defects and monitors defect resolution
• Works closely with the development team to diagnose issues, resolve defects, and ensure that product features meet acceptance criteria per the user stories
• Be proactive on following through testing progress to ensure minimum technical debt
• Work with our team to develop and deploy features that are impactful, performant and well tested
• Handle and resolve issues escalated from the production environment
• Recommend best-in-class testing solutions across the environment
• Help build the kind of work culture that will make Turn the place you and your friends will want to work for
• Share, mentor and foster an environment where you and others can grow and share technical knowledge
• Be part of a growing distributed organization that spans the US and Mexico
• A Bachelor's Degree in science, technology, engineering, or a equivalent work experience is
• Minimum 3 years of working experience with knowledge of established QA practices using SCRUM Agile methodology.
• Strong attention to detail, excellent verbal, written, and analytical skills.
• Ability to multitask and manage several projects at any given time.
• Ability to collaborate, act as a team player, communicate across various layers of the organization, and work in cross-functional distributed teams.
• Self-motivated and the ability to work effectively with limited guidance when necessary.
• We are looking for candidates with expertise with a minimum of two of the following skillsets: SQL, Python 3/Pytest,/ReactJS/Chai/Enzyme, Selenium Webdriver
• Proficiency with at least one object oriented programming language
• Experience with Git and Github in a collaborative environment
• Experience with MVC architectures is a plus
• Competitive Salary
• Casual dress